Physical Inventory Count (IC 15) has been rebuilt and is now available as a .NET program. As with the VB6 version, the purpose of this program is to allow a user to enter physical inventory counts. The new Counts grid includes additional fields - New Lot, Cost, Receipt Date and Expiration Date and a New Lot Info button. Note that as with before, a user will still need to use IC 17 to permanently apply the counts.
IC 15.NET provides enhanced functionality, greater flexibility and ease of use over its counterpart in the areas of importing counts, entering/modifying manual counts, and clearing and recovering previous counts. Before using IC 15.NET, make sure you have a Chempax version of 11/9/18 or later.
(Note: click images to view larger version.)
Starting Count Cycle
Whether you will be importing counts or using the manual entry to update counts and add new lots, the following steps are needed to start the count cycle in IC 15.NET:
- Use the search box to select the Warehouse, check the Tag Physical Entry box in the Primary Information section.
- Click on Clear All Counts button to clear all counts. (See Ribbon Buttons section for two other clearing options.)
- Prepare data to be used for counting and do one of the following:
- Click on Load Lots button to load all applicable products and lots and zero out the quantity for each. This option will force a user to enter an amount for each lot.
- Click on the arrow of the Load Lots button and select Load Lots with Current Quantity.
- Skip this step which will result in a blank Counts grid and force users to enter all product and lot information with the counts.
- Review the Counts grid in the Counts section. (Note: If Step 2 is skipped, the Counts grid may show counts that have already been applied and if so, will display in red font with a date in the Date Applied column).5. As described below, either import the counts or manually enter the information directly into the Counts grid.
Especially useful for large warehouses, IC 15.NET allows imported counts with new lot information. This is not available in VB6. Overview of a typical procedure might be the following:
- Click on Export Template button and save file. This will export any data from the Counts grid to Excel.
- Update the spreadsheet.
- If you chose options 3a or 3b for Load Lots in the Starting Count Cycle section, enter Amount and update Amount UM, if needed, for each lot. (Note if applied lots were exported and the Amount was changed in Excel, the lot status will change to unapplied on the import.)
- If you chose option 3c for Load Lots in the Starting Count Cycle section, manually enter all data. The columns with red headings are required.
- If a new lot number was entered, also enter New Lot Measure, New Lot UM and New Lot UP fields for the new lot (but not Lot Packaging). Optionally, enter New Lot Cost, Receipt Date and Expiration Date. Save and close file.
- Click Import from Template button to import records for the selected warehouse and review status on IC15 toolbar for errors. Any new entries will also be highlighted on the Counts grid making it easier to determine which records need to be reviewed. If any records with applied counts were updated, the lot status will change to unapplied and will display in black font.
- Verify changes and then click Apply Changes button or Cancel Import.
- If the import was completed, the updated information will show in the Counts grid.
- New Lot field will be checked for all records with new lot information and if any are checked, the New Lot Info button will also be enabled to make additional changes, if needed. (This is described below.)
The new Counts grid has two advantages over the VB6 counterpart:
- Each record loads in either black or red font making it easy to identify which lots have counts already applied in the database and
- Provides the ability to make changes to existing records as well as add new records directly on the grid.
A typical manual entry for existing records in the Counts grid might be the following:
- In Update mode, enter a new Amount and Amount UM on all applicable records that appear in the Counts grid. If the change is on a lot with applied counts (red font and applied date) then the lot status will become unapplied.
- For lots that have quantity in different UMs, click on in the Amount field to display the Amount drop down box.
- Enter the quantity in Add Qty and select the corresponding UM.
- Click Add to enter additional quantity with corresponding UM.
- Review Current Qty and corresponding UM. Current Qty should reflect the converted amount if different UMs were used. Click OK to save the new Amount or Cancel to close and revert to the original amount.
- For any records in which New Lot is checked, click on the New Lot Info button to open the Edit New Lot Info window. All the fields can be updated except Lot Number, if needed. Measure, UM and UP are the only required fields.
- To add new product/lot records in the Counts grid:
- In Update mode, click on the Product field of the last row marked by a ‘*’
- Enter product name or number or use the arrow to scroll and double click on the product from the list.
- Checkmark the New Lot box (if applicable). In the Edit New Lot info window, enter Lot Number, Measure, UM, UP and Cost for the new lot. The other fields - Receipt Date and Expiration Date are optional. These fields cannot be updated directly in the grid. Click Finish (to save information) or Cancel.
- Enter a new Lot number or select an existing one from the search box.
- Enter Amount as described above and change the Amount UM, if needed
- Note Tag # is required if Tag Physical Entry had been checked in the first step. If it is not checked, this field will not display in the Counts grid.
- To delete records, in Update mode, click on the record to highlight and then Delete key on your keyboard.
Restoring Cleared Counts
In VB6, there is only one way to clear a count and a different program, EX 27, is needed to restore the last saved count. This functionally has been greatly enhanced. With IC 15.NET, there are three different ways to clear a count using the Clear All Counts button and with each one, Chempax maintains a copy of all cleared counts. This sets up the user for a much easier restore process.
- Use the search box to select the Warehouse in the search box and if using tags, check the Tag Physical Entry box in the Primary Information section.
- If counts need to be reviewed but have been deleted from the Counts grid, click on the arrow of the Restore Applied Counts button and select the Restore Deleted Counts option. The Restore Counts window will display all counts that were cleared at the same time grouped by time and date. Click on the set of counts that need to be restored and Restore or Exit (to cancel the restore).
- Review the Counts grid.
- Follow the steps above to finish the process.
Four of the Ribbon buttons have additional options accessed from the arrow on each button.
- Load Lots - The arrow provides two options: Load Lots with Current Quantity and Load Lots with Zero Quantity (default). Press the button for the default. If ICPHYSICALWITHQUANT custom option is turned on, the default changes to Load Lots with Current Quantity.
- Export Template – The arrow provides two options: Export All Visible Rows (default) and Export Blank Template. The latter option just exports the column headings without any data. Note this button and options are available for all .net grids.)
- Clear All Counts - The arrow provides two options: Clear Applied Counts and Clear with Zero Quantity. A third option is the button itself which clears ALL counts.
- Restore Applied Counts - Press the button to unapply all counts on the Counts grid (those records that display in red with a Date Applied). The arrow on this button provides a second option Restore Delete Counts which as described above, opens a Restore Counts window listing ALL
previous counts that were cleared at the same time and date.
|** A new version of Physical Inventory for scan guns is now available. Contact your primary support representative for more information.**|